Diverse collection of 17 items signed by Mickey Mantle, and one signed by Casey Stengel. Unless otherwise noted, all of the signatures have been scripted in blue or black Sharpie and grade "10." The collection is composed of the following:
1) That Touch of Mink
lobby card (14 x 11 inches) Inscribed "To Bill/Best Wishes/Mickey Mantle" on the front. Ex-Mt.
2) Salesman's folder for the video Mickey Mantle The American Dream Comes to Life
. Signed by Mantle on the front cover. 9 x 12. Complete with pricing sheets inside. Ex.
3) Tri-fold brochure/application for "Mickey Mantle's Week of Dreams" baseball camp. Signed on the front cover (grading "8"). 3.5 x 8.5 inches. Accompanied by an Upper Deck COA.
4) 1985 Donruss complete bubble-gum box with Mantle’s “Sluggers of the Hall of Fame card on the reverse. The card is signed “Mickey Mantle No. 7.” 6.5 x 3.5 x 1.5 inches. Gd-Vg, with tape repair to some of the flaps.
5) Mickey Mantle/Roger Maris/Willie Mays “All Star” wristwatch, with white wristband. Signed “Mickey” on one end of the wristband, and “Mantle” on the other. Signature grades “6.” In working order. Ex.
6) 1969 “A Day to Remember!” commemorative program. Signed on the interior. 8 x 10 inches. Ex.
7) Mantle art card (5.25 x 7 inches) by artist James Amore. Signed on the front. Gd, with red stain in upper right corner.
8) April 20, 1953, issue of Quick
(news weekly) picturing Mantle on the cover. Signed on the cover. 4 x 6 inches. Pr-Fr, heavily water stained.
9) Limited-edition signed first edition of My Favorite Summer 1956
by Mickey Mantle and Phil Pepe (Doubleday, New York, 1991). Inscribed “Mickey Mantle 1956” on the cover (grading “6”). Hand numbered “500/1956” in gold paint pen on the cover. Fr, with water staining to the cover and most of the interior pages.
10) Limited-edition first edition of The Mick
by Mickey Mantle with Herb Gluck (Doubleday & Co, New York, 1985). This copy is numbered “81/536” and commemorates Mantle’s 81st
career home run hit at Briggs Stadium in Detroit. Mantle has inscribed the limitation page in blue ink: “To Bill & Neva Le/My best wishes/To the best friends I/ever had/Thanks a lot/Mickey Mantle.” No dust jacket. Pr, with heavy water staining to the covers and interior pages.
11-14) Four photos (1 color, 3 black-and-white), each signed on the front. One of the photos has also been signed by Stan Musial. One of the Mantle signatures displays bleeding and grades “7.” All are approximately 8 x 10 inches. Ex overall.
15-17) Three cut newspaper clippings, each signed on the front. Two picture Mantle, one pictures his uniform hanging in its locker. Sizes range from 6 x 4 to 8 x 8 inches. Ex overall.
18) Black-and-white photo (8 x 10 inches) of Mantle and Casey Stengel posing together, signed by Stengel only in blue Sharpie (“10”). Ex, with a stray blue Sharpie line on Mantle’s image.
Total: 18 items. Auction LOA from James Spence/JSA. Pre certified by Steve Grad and Brian Sobrero/Beckett Authentication. Reserve $500. Estimate (open).
More items like this:
(Swipe images to see more)